Positive pop fizzles

I have always wondered if universal principles could have a downside? Well, according to Ms Ehrenreich of The Guardian it does! In her article Smile! You've got cancer she relates how her own experience in the world of positive pop fizzled to the following  conclusion:
Breast cancer, I can now report, did not make me prettier or stronger, more feminine or spiritual. What it gave me, if you want to call this a "gift", was a very personal, agonising encounter with an ideological force in American culture that I had not been aware of before – one that encourages us to deny reality, submit cheerfully to misfortune and blame only ourselves for our fate.
To me it smacks of an industry that lures vulnerable women into a web of deceit that is built on a well known principle, but sold as an empty vassal with self delusional happy claptrap tricks. I suppose it just proves the fact that reality is what you make of it.

That, and the fact that the omnipotent nature of the universe allow even the most delusional of realities if it is based on innocence and a positive principle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dual entanglement

What is... Resonance

Quantum proof of life, the universe, everything...