“The Secret” and the truth

In recent years “The Secret” has done much to practically show how the basic principles of the universe can be applied in our daily lives to provide for what we want and need. It still isn’t quite what is promised to those of faith in Christ the Lord, but it comes pretty close.

At the time it meant that there were still some secrets untold, as that would be the only way my own personal philosophy of One God could be justified. Along with the universal principle of balance, my resolute faith in One God has helped me see the error of my way countless times before, and I have come to depend on it in many ways. One of which is finding truth.

The more I know as true, the easier it becomes to feel where truth is missing. In many such cases it is merely absent, but where half a truth is presented as the whole I know there is something hidden. Experience has showed me that it is in my interest, in the interest of my own journey that I follow the clue to see the truth unfold.

While my first reaction to the general disclosure of “The Secret” was one of relieved jubilation, my lingering response was more reserved. What bugged me even now is how we could allow something that is universally true to be sold as fad. In a sense I felt it made a mockery of ancient wisdom, wisdom that is free to use and belong to all of us.

To me “The Secret” told a story of the knowledge and wisdom I had found through my own journey of life. I also believe in the principle of “see one, do one, teach one”, and the popularity of “The Secret” made it difficult to teach the very principles that it apparently proclaimed. By promising the world it failed to mention that the world is not enough.

To know something is different from being the truth, and it is only by actively participating in life that we may find that energy follows the mind. To know the fact that intention is the creative power of the universe is a lot different than living it, and getting it on the plate a la secret often ended up a dish served cold and lacking in the sustenance that such universal principles generally hold.

The mind is such a fickle thing, and with temptation always close behind the promise of easy gain, “The Secret” often left it’s followers getting less or wanting more. And more there is to those who are willing to try a different way of life, even though it often does not fit into everything we want.

To get peace and happiness is as simple as living it, and to be without any need is often just a matter of changing your point of view.  If that doesn’t bring immediate relief to need, the cure is often found in acknowledging what they already have and appreciating it in their life.

The rest they say is history. But what a history to build for someone such as me that still believe the promise made by Jesus of Galilee, “Thou shall not wont”. I don’t know why it was called a secret in the first place, but knowing it has made very little difference in many lives of those who paid to know it.

To live a life of bliss you need love, and live it every day. Sweet and simple, secret told.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dual entanglement

What is... Resonance

Quantum proof of life, the universe, everything...