Changing your perspective...

Perspective isn't something we think about often, but its easy if you consider things from a shared point of view. Like the way art lovers stand around in front of gallery paintings with a squint eye and thumb in the air.




I recently discovered that the famous Mona Lisa was actually a rather small painting.

Now this is where it gets interesting you see, because in my own head space I evidently held some subconscious link between value and size, ergo the Mona Lisa.

Of more relevance is that since then I have started to look a little closer at what goes on in my world, and with that witnessed how my whole world change right before my very eyes.

Change that occurred only because I changed my perception, adjusted my perspective, and minded my point of view.

With it I discovered a real8ty that was there all the time, but largely went unnoticed as I passed by unawares, the little things that made all the difference,

The gentle breeze on a hot and sweaty day that changed a forgettable experience into a timeless moment of sensory indulgence.

Or the day I wept in awe of a single drop of dew cradled in embrace at the tip of a leaf. All because I took the time to look.

Whichever way you look at it, reality is but a point of view that depend on your perspective.

And even if I have it totally wrong I bet we can all agree that the mysterious allure of Mona Lisa's smile has more to do with Da Vinci's genius than what she's thinking, and nothing to do with it's size at all.

Comments

animaxXx said…
Edited today

Popular posts from this blog

Dual entanglement

What is... Resonance

Quantum proof of life, the universe, everything...